This vine variety has been known since Medieval times. It is understood that it was originally cultivated along the Triestine coastline, on both the Duino-Grignano side of the city and on that of Dolina-Muggia, together with the considerably more famous Ribolla Gialla and Malvasia varieties, with which at times it has been confused and thus sold as such. The “dispute” with nearby Friuli having been won, Glera can be considered to all effects Triestine: indeed, there are signs that it was used as far back as the year 1382 by Trieste as a precious bargaining chip during the city’s submission to the Austrian Empire.
The neighbouring Venetian region was sent into a panic when it came to know that the Glera grape was suitable for making sparkling wine and that the prosekar method was the typical procedure for doing so, resulting in a sparkling wine known throughout the Quarnaro area up until the 19th Century. Only in the 1970s was it recognised that Glera was in possession of every right to stand among the principle Prosecco grapes.
Each apartment covers a total space of 45m2 and can host up to 3 people. The accommodation has an elevator. Each apartment has:
- Living space with kitchen, furnished with fridge, microwave oven, induction hob plate and essential cooking and dining accessories (plates, glasses, pans… all for 3 people)
- Double bed and Chair-bed
- Hypoallergenic cushions and pillows
- Private bathroom with shower, hairdryer, courtesy toiletry set and terry bath towels and robes
- WIFI Internet connection
- LCD satellite TV
- Air conditioning/heating
- Washing machine on the ground and first floors for longer stays
- Iron and ironing board (available on request)
- Reinforced entrance door