Komandarìa2nd floor apartment
Also spelt Commandarìa, this is a Cypriot wine of the Malvasia family. The wine was renamed “xinisferi emofrodafne” in the 19th Century by a German who had fallen in love with a Greek. Following uncertain origins, the wine was brought to areas of the western Mediterranean between Malta and Rhodes by the Templar Knights.
The port city of Trieste welcomed with pleasure this wine coming from the ports of Cyprus and Patras; it was one of the first sweet wines to be discovered, as early as the 13th Century, well before the English were able to put their personal label on it and perhaps for this reason in Trieste it became famous as “Vin de Cipro”, key ingredient in some of the most famous of Trieste’s sweets (putizza and presniz).
The age of the wine is known thanks to the fact that, at every new bottling of the year’s wine harvest, a drop from the previous year would be placed in the bottles.
Each apartment covers a total space of 45m2 and can host up to 3 people. The accommodation has an elevator. Each apartment has:
- Living space with kitchen, furnished with fridge, microwave oven, induction hob plate and essential cooking and dining accessories (plates, glasses, pans… all for 3 people)
- Double bed and Chair-bed
- Hypoallergenic cushions and pillows
- Private bathroom with shower, hairdryer, courtesy toiletry set and terry bath towels and robes
- WIFI Internet connection
- LCD satellite TV
- Air conditioning/heating
- Washing machine on the ground and first floors for longer stays
- Iron and ironing board (available on request)
- Reinforced entrance door